Cucumbers have been abundant this summer at Pike Lane Gardens. This Chilled Cucumber and Dill Soup is refreshing, flavorable & easy to prepare. It will also decrease your cucumber inventory by 3!
- 3 cups Greek yogurt plain, full fat
- 3 cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
- Kosher salt to taste
- Lay sliced cucumbers on a sheet pan covered with 2 layers of paper towel.
- Salt cucumbers liberally. Let them "sweat", about 20 minutes, to release moisture.
- In a blender or food processor, add cucumbers, yogurt, shallot, garlic, fresh dill, lime juice and ground cumin.
- Puree until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Check seasoning and add salt if necessary.
- Chill at least an hour before serving.
- Garnish with fresh Dill